Re: Clipboard Size/Limit

Scorp123 wrote:

> On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 01:57:20 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>

>> If the browsers are the cause, I might have no choice but to copy smaller
>> chunks,
>
> Hmmm ... You know: There are various clipboards, sort of ...
>
> There is this X11 clipboard which will remember what you selected with
> your mouse up to a certain amount and let you copy + paste text via the
> middle mouse button; but many applications have their own clipboard too
> (sort of ... please someone correct me if I am wrong). Mozilla and
> OpenOffice spring to my mind as being more or less "independent" of the
> X11 clipboard and having one of their own, too.
>
> Did you ever try to use copy & paste via the application's menu?
> "Edit ==> Copy" and then "Edit ==> Paste"? This might work. With this
> you'd be using your browser's own internal clipboard which might work
> better than the apparently limited X11 clipboard. Can you try this please?

I think you might be right. I tried many sorts of things in the midst of the
recurring frustration. I can recall trying the menus as well, but I can't
remember for certain if this provided the solution. If it did, I probably
would have made a mental note of it.

I have just tried copying pasting very large pages, but I can't get the
'bug' to come up. I am using the highlight method. This might be something
that hits on certain days and certain occasions and then goes away for
reasons beyond my comprehension.

Thank you very much for the help.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com