Re: How can I shorten the Cancel operation when I cancel a sync?

  • Subject: Re: How can I shorten the Cancel operation when I cancel a sync?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 02:21:43 +0100
  • Followup-to: alt.comp.os.palm,alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot,comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
  • Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.palm, alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot, comp.sys.palmtops, comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
Avraham Makeler wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a Palm T3. Sometimes (quite often, at the moment) the sync gets
> stuck in the middle of sync'ing something and just hangs there forever.

Try to identify the process and explain to yourself why it fails. Sometimes
re-installation can help.

> > So
> I have to do a Cancel. Then the T3 takes ages to complete the Cancel
> process.

This has a reason so don't temper with it. To keep data integrity, there
needs to be some cleanup. As for the reason why the button takes a while to
blink, it is probably because HotSync takes a high priority in the
scheduler and the interface becomes less responsive. I don't know exactly
what process is involved when you hit "Cancel", but it might be similar to
a process of shut-down in operating systems.

> Why does my T3 hang? And how can I make the Cancel process shorter?

Unless you find an option somewhere, you will need to find a hack. I also
believe that the more you have installed on your Palm, the slower the
process becomes.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com