Re: Another web based business that dosn't get it

  • Subject: Re: Another web based business that dosn't get it
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 03:06:33 +0100
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.os.linux
Moe Trin wrote:

> In article <d3qnbi$1gi4$1@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk>, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>Pan wrote:
>
>>> lol, that does not remotely inspire confidence in the company. They
>>> should be attracting custom, not setting conditions and putting people
>>> off :)
>
> But it works with every browser we tried!!!

This reminds me of the days when on-line banking worked with virtually
nothing but IE. The banks were so paranoid (being
technologically-challenged as one would expect) so they denied access on
the basis of browser name. It was not even a matter of available/supported
features.

>>I occasionally submit bitter messages to sites that are poorly designed
>>(compatible with IE of course). Last time I tried it was Royal Mail. I got
>>a reply saying that my request had been passed on to the technical team
>>and I will hear from them shortly.
>
> Here in Leftpondia, the _back end_ stuff (that does the sorting, tracking,
> and similar) at the US Post Orifice is all running Linux. The crap that
> interacts with the public?  Do you really need to ask?
>
>>Did I hear from them? No. So, ummm.... who else should I turn to for post?
>>Oh, wait... Royal Mail is a monopoly.
>
> Hello, FedEx?  (or UPS, or a few others)
>
>         Old guy

I know, but they won't provide all service types. It's express (and costly)
delivery.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com