Re: UK TV guide

  • Subject: Re: UK TV guide
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 04:16:27 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
Martin Bech wrote:

> In article <1h0l27q.cju0nq1srz2i7N%me3@privacy.net>,
>  me3@privacy.net (zoara) wrote:
>
>> How do I get a UK TV guide on my Palm?
>
> I don't live in the UK but if you can find a guide on the net then
> create a "custom channel" with that address at AvantGo.com. Good places
> to look are TV stations and major news papers.
>
> Just checking... There is allready an AvantGo channel available:
> "myDigiGuide allows you to get customised UK and Irish televesion and
> radio listings on a daily basis from your choice of over 220 major
> Digital and Terrestrial channels. With advanced features such as
> auto-searching and favourite programme highlighting, you won't miss
> anything now with this great UK TV guide!"
>
> Here you go :-)

Here is a place for you to start looking:

http://www.radiotimes.com/content/pdamobile/

I noticed this feature over a year ago when I was still watching TV on
occasions. I also was an avid AvantGo user, but never used it as a TV
guide. It is definitely something to consider. I can't recall any AvantGo
channels that provided UK TV listings, but the last time I looked was
around 2 years ago.

All the best,

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com