Re: Yahoo - redirects on search page

  • Subject: Re: Yahoo - redirects on search page
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 00:41:32 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
web_design wrote:

> I noticed that Yahoo has some kind of redirect on its search results
> pages. When you click on the search results you are not taken directly by
> a regular

You should read this...

http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2005/02/24/microsoft-against-privacy/

It contains the gist of things, but points to the following hugely-popular
essay by an ex-Microsoft Project Manager:

What you describe can be a form of spying using cookie domain exchange.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com