Re: Change in MSN Algo !

  • Subject: Re: Change in MSN Algo !
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 07:34:04 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
cordial_camaraderie wrote:

> I have noticed on MSN that there is a major change in MSN Alogo.
> It has started giving emphasis on "URL" names. and the Title as usual.
>
> I have created a new page and name the url with the Keyword and this
> page came in top ten result.
>
> Does Any one know abt this change.......
> Plz see this on MSN, it may happen that I have missed any critical
> point.

*skeptic*

Are you stating that there is a change to MSN's algorithms (with an
exclamation mark) because you put up one page and it came up in a top of a
single SERP? whichever SERP this may be, we don't know how competitive it
is because you gave no details.

If you said that you _changed_ an existing URL of an existing page and it
rose up to the top of its targetted SERP, wouldn't that be a more valid
experiment?

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com