Re: KNode and follow-ups

  • Subject: Re: KNode and follow-ups
  • From: Gunter Schelfhout <nomail@please.com.invalid>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 07:28:36 GMT
  • Newsgroups: comp.windows.x.kde
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Gunter Schelfhout wrote:
>
>> Everytime I respond to a crossposting, KNode automatically takes the
>> first group as a follow-up.
>> Since you are not always aware you are responding to a crossposting, this
>> can be very annoying.
>> KNode should keep his hands of it.
>> Anyone who knows how to fix this?
>
> This is KNode's attempt to preserve good netiquette. KNode will also nag
> you a great deal if you crosspost to many groups.

Good netiquette is when you 'know' you are responding to a crosspost and you
notify that the follow-up is set to a particular group.

> What I suggest you do is keep an eye on the fields at the top when you
> compose a follow-up. It becomes instinctive.

I try to do that, but sometimes I forget or I'm too fast.

> I have looked at KNode's
> options many times, so I don't think you can make KNode more permissible
> and allow you to throw unnecessary messages at cyberspace.

I overlooked all the options myself and apparently, as you say, there is not
an option.

> I do, however,
> think that the single follow-up-to group _must_ be the one where the
> message got read. I think it currently chooses just the first group in the
> original list, so you may never see any replies to your post.

The program should not choose anything, it should keep it's fingers off the