Re: Windows 2000 still Qiote Dominant

C A Upsdell wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> Harlan Messinger wrote:

>>>Why? Do you think it will be that long before it shows up on Windows
>>>Update and comes loaded on all new standard-order Windows machines?
>>

>> It only works under Windows XP or later. Most machines are still running
>> Windows 2000 (or something to that effect).
>
> What source of stats do you depend on for your assertion that most
> machines are still running Win2000?  Stats I follow indicate that
> Win2000 usage is at about 12%, and XP usage at about 65%.

Finally found it...

http://news.com.com/The+slow+road+to+Windows+XP/ ...
2100-1016_3-5746046.html?part=rss&tag=5746046&subj=news

(long URL so append lines and remove " ...")

It took me a while to find this again. I said "something to that effect"
because it speaks of businesses and I think it also refers to the States.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com