Re: Disable buttons while MP3 playback?

  • Subject: Re: Disable buttons while MP3 playback?
  • From: "Thomas" <ThomasH@lycosmail.nl>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 10:50:00 +0200
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.palmtops
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> When I'm playing MP3's using RealOne player on my new Tungsten E2,
>> the screen switches off to save power, like it should. But the
>> buttons stay active... and guess what button is pressed
>> automatically? Yes, the volume down button :-)
>>
>> I've seen utils that disable the hard-buttons when the PDA is
>> standby, but I haven't seen any program that allows buttons to be
>> disable while MP3 playback.
>>
>> Do any of the competitors (AeroPlayer??) have any features for this,
>> or rather, is there any nice freeware prog that can manually disable
>> the hard-buttons?
>
> It sounds exactly like the following situations:
>
> http://www.schestowitz.com/UseNet/2005/January_2005/msg00254.html
> http://www.schestowitz.com/UseNet/2005/March_2005/msg00269.html
>
> The threads usually led to the following application:
>
> http://pachome1.pacific.net.sg/~kokmun/handyaid/handyaid.htm

Thanks, Roy,

It seems I'm not quite the only one with this problem, hehe.. I've also
looked at the hard-cover, but they're not that cheap. And hard to get, here
in Holland.

Oh well, as a present for registering my Palm i can order something from the
Palm shop in Switserland free of shipping...

Does anyone have comments on the standard Palm hard cases?

--
Grtz, Thomas