Re: 1GB SD card

  • Subject: Re: 1GB SD card
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 11:27:58 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.sys.palmtops
Bang wrote:

> (Sorry for cross-posting - I previously posted by mistake to
> c.s.p.pilot... it won't happen to me again)
>
> Hi. I am planning to buy a 1GB SD card. Can somebody tell me if
> "SanDisk Ultra II 1GB Hi-Speed" is compatible with the Palm Tungsten C?
> Is it a good choice? Any other suggestions please?
>
> Both the read and the write speed are important for me. Can palms take
> the advantage of the Hi-Speed? Or will I have the same effect if I buy
> a cheaper (normal speed) 1 GB SD card? In this latter case should I
> choose a Kingston or a SanDisk?
>
> Thanks a lot for advice.
> Bang

Hi,

>From what I can recall, devices of the Tugsten C 'generation' such as the
T-3 will accept 1 GB cards, but will not accept a 2 GB card (although a 1.5
GB might be fine). There are certain exceptions to that, but Palm could
never guarantee compatibility with 2 GB cards as they were not used in
their tests (perhaps not yet in the market at the time).

I notice that others have responded to your question by now.

All the best,

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com