Re: DHTML Case sensitivity

  • Subject: Re: DHTML Case sensitivity
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 02:55:35 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets
Benjamin Niemann wrote:

> adrian suri wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> short question are selectors h1, h2 <script> p etc now case sensitive in
>> the world of DHTML eg transitional / strict
>
> Selectors are case insensitive for HTML and case sensitive for XHTML.

Although I could not find a quick answer on the Web, I imagine that DHTML is
not case-sensitive. As always, it is safer and neater to stick to lowercase
as a matter of principle... likewise with filenames on a *NIX server. Some
browsers and crawlers are unaware of case-sensitivity.

Also things to consider are searches in source files such as
search-and-replace operations, element count, etc.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com