Re: DHTML Case sensitivity

Thanks, just for you information I am writting a cotour highlighting scheme for an os/2 editor epm, and noticed that java css progs like
jstyler, used upper case! Just wanted to get it correct thanks

adrian

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
Benjamin Niemann wrote:

adrian suri wrote:

Hi

short question are selectors h1, h2 <script> p etc now case sensitive in
the world of DHTML eg transitional / strict

Selectors are case insensitive for HTML and case sensitive for XHTML.

Although I could not find a quick answer on the Web, I imagine that DHTML is
not case-sensitive. As always, it is safer and neater to stick to lowercase
as a matter of principle... likewise with filenames on a *NIX server. Some
browsers and crawlers are unaware of case-sensitivity.

Also things to consider are searches in source files such as
search-and-replace operations, element count, etc.