Re: Data loss on M130

Penster wrote:

> I bought an M130 a couple of days ago off ebay for my daughter. The unit
> looks fine, but has hard reset twice in the first 24 hours with complete
> data loss.
> I had copied the data from her Palm 105 where it had worked ok without a
> hard reset.
> Does the m130 have a history of hardware problems producing hard resets or
> is this likely to be a software problem?
> I know that the solution may be to start with the bare-bones palm apps and
> gradually add 3rd party apps; however, if the problem is likely to be the
> unit, i'll have a go at getting my money back.
> Penster

I have used it happily for over 2 years (until last year) and I have never
heard any such complaints about the M130. If anything, it is the earlier
models among the M100 series that suffered from issues such as data loss
due to bad capacitor/s (or whatever that was).

Try recovering all the data without installing any extra applications. Give
it a go for a couple of days and see if that has a positive impact. If the
problems persist, you may have bought a damaged unit.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com