Re: Microsoft Linux lab ...

  • Subject: Re: Microsoft Linux lab ...
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 04:44:06 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.suse
Cyberbear wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 17:54:09 -0400, John Karpich wrote:
>
>> This shot was supposedly taken in the Microsoft Linux Lab.
>>
>> http://news.zdnet.com/2300-9593_22-5830265-1.html
>>
>> Check out the boxes to the right of the penguins on the wire rack.
>>
>> Should we be worried ?
>
> Not to worry. MS uses and tests many different distros in their lab.
> They want to know what their competition is up to and what linux has to
> offer. I'll bet there are plenty of Macs being used in Redmond as well.

That's no longer necessary. They can just add a hard-drive to an existing
machine and follow the simple instructions.

http://www.uneasysilence.com/os-x-proven-hacked-and-running-on-an-ordinary-pc/

Interestingly enough, the Ubuntu live CD is used in the process...

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com