Re: Placing a URL at the bottom of all Screens...

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 03:41:47 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote or quoted :

>You can use some Perl, shell script and their relatives to insert the latter
>en masse.

I insert the code

<!-- macro Foot -->

and run a static macro expansion.  That way I can easily change the
code the macro expands to.  You can have a look at the code it
generates, not strictly boilerplate.

look at any of my webpages on http://mindprod.com

<!-- macro Foot noad --> suppresses the Google ad.

Some of the macros, written in Java, are quite elaborate, like the one
that generates links to bookstores where you can buy a recommended
book, or the one that figures out the optimal way to display a code
snippet.

My ISP does not support any server side code.  So I have to do all my
cleverness statically before I upload.

It ends up looking much like JSP, except that it is expanded just
before upload rather than when the user asks for a page.

I have an untouch utility that I use to avoid uploading expanded pages
that have not really changed.

For more details on how it works see
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/html.html