Re: OE font gone small

  • Subject: Re: OE font gone small
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 14:27:02 +0100
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.misc
John of Aix wrote:

> Sally wrote:
>> The font on the folders list, from/subject list and contacts list has
>> gone small and weird.  How can I get it back to the original Windows
>> setting and if there isn't a default Windows setting, which one
>> should I use as the list is long and confusing.  I know hoe to change
>> the font in the "reading" mail section though.
>
> Menu, View, Text Size.

If I remember correctly this would only affect the size of fonts in the
message pane. The issue might lie somewhere deeper in the operating system,
maybe the Registry.

Sally, have any other applications been affected? Have you changed any
system fonts? If not, consider pressing the right mouse buttom
(right-handed mouse) over your desktop, choose "Properties", go to the
appearance tab and have a playabout with the fonts. See if you can alter
Outlook Express in whatever way. It will tell you wether the problem is at
O/S level or at application (Outlook Express) level, in which case you can
reinstall without data (mail) loss. I also strongly recommend Mozilla
Thunderbird as a mail client for Windows users.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com