Re: Cant view folders from disk in drive

Tintin wrote:

> Hi Roy.
>
> Ive had the laptop nearly a year.
>
> All was working fine until about 2 weeks ago when I wanted a file off an
> old CD Id burned with files on it from my old PC.
>
> I inserted a CD ROM Id bought with a product to test if it was dirty CDs
> etc, but it wouldnt open either. The drive reads the CD because the
> installation software of the disk Id inserted auto started, but it wouldnt
> let me double click the drive or right click and "explore"

What can you see in the command-line? If I recall correctly, you are using
Windows, so go to "Start" -> "Run..." type in 'command' and ENTER to open a
DOS prompt

type in 'd:' or 'e:' depending on the letter your CD drive was assigned. Now
type in 'dir' and ENTER. Any luck there? If the very fundamentals do not
work, we can begin to raise questions and find answers.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com