Re: Cant view folders from disk in drive

  • Subject: Re: Cant view folders from disk in drive
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 18:23:46 +0100
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.laptops
Tintin wrote:

> This is not just happening to CDs I have burned myself, it wont let me
> open and explore CDROMS that I have bought..
>
> It wont play VCDs anymore either using media player, I have to select my
> DVD
> software to play anything off an inserted  CD
>
> The settings have obviously changed somewhere but I dont know where to
> look.
>
> Please help me look at folders from inserted CD ROMS again, please!!!

If it has taken up a lot of your time already, then I suggest you just
re-install your O/S or restore it to factory defaults. I can't think of any
option in Windows that will, by principle, disable your ability to browse
CD's. If I recall correctly, this is a new laptop to which you want to copy
data from your old computer (in which case formatting would not be
disastrous).

Has the CD drive ever been accessible? If not, then I suggest you just set
the laptop up with Linux. If you can play DVD's off the drive, the hardware
definitely works. The system perhaps does not recognise the drive. If it
has been like this since day one, contact the seller/vendor.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com