Re: yahoo server generated code /won't validate

  • Subject: Re: yahoo server generated code /won't validate
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 03:32:47 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
shawn modersohn wrote:

> Neredbojias wrote:
>> With neither quill nor qualm, shawn modersohn quothed:

>>>I hate answering my own questions but anyways.  The problem as I
>>>suspected was with a site counter generated by sbcyahoo servers.  After
>>>some furious clicking through the webhosting management sections I was
>>>able to turn this "feature" off.
>>

>> Ha, yeah, I had the same problem awhile back.  Did the feedback/service-
>> messages thing and told them to turn it off.  They did.
>>

> Actually, I just got an email back from their support.  They informed me
> that there is no way to turn the server generated code off and they
> don't have a date as to when it will possible to do this.  Funny thing
> is that I could swear I already turned it off.  Maybe I'm crazy and
> think that the view source option in my browser represents the actual
> source, but I don't see it.  It seemed personal like an actual hand
> written email too.  Every time I have called their support whether for
> myself or a customer they are nice enough on the phone, so its kind of
> hard to complain, but the long silences that ensue after throwing big
> words like xml around is getting kind of annoying.

An answer from Yahoo?!?! I sometimes think that the only employees at these
large companies are cron jobs. Something along the lines of:

===

Dear    mr daniel smith ,

If you are enquiring with regards to hosting payments, see:

http://example.com/FAQ#payment...

We wish you enjoy our service,

Kind regards,

Process 6949 pts/3    00:00:00 bash