Re: adsense: anybody earning for impressions?

  • Subject: Re: adsense: anybody earning for impressions?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 14:57:33 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.www.webmaster
On Saturday 20 August 2005 16:27, tommybear wrote:

> I realize that according to Adsense TOS we're not allowed to divulge
> our earnings, so I will ask this general question which I trust does
> not violate the super duper secret policy:
>
> Is ANYBODY here making any income from impressions? When I signed up I
> thought that advertisers paid per 1000 impressions and clicks, then
> later learned it's impressions OR clicks. Then a little later I learned
> that the vast majority of advertisers choose to pay per click. In
> short, though I'm registering about 1000 impressions per day I haven't
> received a penny, other than for clicks, and that amount wouldn't even
> buy a candy bar. (BTW that's about 1/4 the page views my server
> registers but ok, I understand Google has a different way of
> counting...I can live with that)

I also get about 1000 impressions, which account for about a quarter of the
pages viewed by human visitors. The revenue is enough to pay for hosting
(nearly so), but not much beyond that (blame the fraudsters). Since my site
adopts a non-profit ideaology, it suits me well.

I never knew that payments could be made for the number of impressions. As
far as I am aware, I get paid for clicks in search pages (about 1% of the
total amount) and for clicks in standard pages. Hearing what you say, it
seems like I wasn't missing much by sticking to clickthroughs rather than
impressions.

Roy S. Schestowitz        "Slashdot is standard-compliant... in Japan"
http://Schestowitz.com