Re: Incoming links

  • Subject: Re: Incoming links
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 15:05:17 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
___/ On Thursday 25 August 2005 12:00, [Paul Silver] wrote : \___

> Nerdlance.com wrote:
>> I read that the best way to increase you rankings is to get other sites
>> to link to you. I've also heard that blogs are pretty hot right now to
>> do this. Does anyone have any tips suggestions on how to go about doing
>> this without being a blatant blog spammer?

Are you referring to blog comments or splogs? There are some 'people' who
set up dozens of fake blogs, scrape content and then link to themselves. I
will warn you that it no longer works and Google are finally taking action:

http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/08/20/1751209&from=rss

> Find blogs with posts that you can comment on usefully, then write
> useful/interesting comments.
>
> feedster.com and technorati.com are good places for searching on blogs.
>
> Remember that plenty of blogs now have anti-spamming technologies built
> in - so they might redirect any links through scripts to stop them
> passing Page Rank, or use rel="nofollow" on the links to do the same
> thing. If you're only concerned about the links for the search engine
> benefit you need to check on any blocking before you go through the
> effort of posting.

To name a few blogs that stick to the "no nofollow" pact:

http://nuclearmoose.com/

http://www.mneylon.com/blog/

Mine is included. There is a slogan that goes: "kill spam, not blogs (blog
comments)".

Roy S. Schestowitz        Useless fact: Sharks are immune to cancer
http://Schestowitz.com