Re: Please don't feed the trolls

_/ On Friday 26 August 2005 16:40, [Thomas Bartkus] wrote : \_

>> _/ On Friday 26 August 2005 14:30, [General Schvantzkoph] wrote : \_
>>
> <snip>
>> I sometimes wonder if the Windows newsgroups, to which I am not
> subscribed,
>> have similar types of trolls that provoke Windows advocates.
> <snip>
>
> Don't wonder.  It's the same deal there as it is here.

I have never seen such a thread 'live' -- that is -- people defending
Windows per se. There is a key difference: merely any Linux user knows
Windows and controls it well (if ever needed). Windows users go by hearsay.

> Far too many people take the narrow world they know and turn it into a
> religion.  You either adopt that religion or you are going to burn.
> That's why the trolls have so much fun.
>
> And then there are computer languages :-)
> Thomas Bartkus

Zeal in P/L is probably to do with MS-only languages like VB and .NET
(Direct X, MS 'HTML' and so forth), which still makes it a religious war
over O/S.  It is /languages/ that sometimes stand in the way of
inter-operability, even when there is an able /and/ willing programmer who
wants to port an application.

Roy S. Schestowitz        "Disk quota exceeded; sig discontinued"
http://Schestowitz.com