Re: SEO - Back Links

__/ On Sunday 28 August 2005 11:50, [Jenny] wrote : \__

> Hi All,
>
> I'm having a very strange problem with one of my own sites.  I'm getting
> back links listed on all other search engines except Google.

Google increments the number of backlinks, some of which (usually most of
which) it will not display to you. backlinks search gives you just a
selected sample, so do not be apprehensive.

Having said the above, there is a very rough correlation between the number
of backlinks that are shown and the ones that are found and counted.

> The site isn't black listed as it has a pr and does get a ranking for some
> keywords.
>
> The site is http://www.fasttrackonline.co.uk
>
> When you look at the url as above it gets a pr 1.  If you look at
> http://fasttrackonline.co.uk it gets a pr 2.

This should not happen, but perhaps you have sites linking to both
addresses. Also, assuming you have not checked this over a long period of
time, datacentres might be unaligned.

> So, I started thinking about my Apache config.  When I looked at
> http://fasttrackonline.co.uk apache directed to me to a different site,
> the
> default site defined in conf.  I added a serveralias of
> fasttrackonline.co.uk to the virtual server entry, and I added an A
> reference to the fastttrackonline.co.uk DNS for good measure.  And now it
> serves the right site.
>
> Then I looked at a search on Google for "link:fasttrackonline.co.uk" and
> it
> replied with back links for that default site.  I'm hoping now I've made
> the changes above it will work properly.
>
> Can anyone shed any light on what could be happening here please?
>
> Many thanks in advance,
>
> Jenny

As for the latter, there are people in this group who know Apache directives
far better than me and they will give you a reliable suggestion or
reassurance.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz        Useless fact: There are five regular polyhedra
http://Schestowitz.com