Re: Mbox utiities?

__/ On Sunday 28 August 2005 22:31, [Martin Gregorie] wrote : \__

> Are there any command line utilities that would allow the contents of Mbox
> mail boxes to be manipulated? Failing that, are there any C libraries or
> Java classes that would let me build such utilities?
>
> The aim is to periodically move older e-mails from Evolution subject
> folders into a central archive, keeping the subjects separate. This would
> preferably be handled by a cron job, hence my interest in command line
> utilities.
>
> TIA

If you are willing to consider Perl, have a look at MHonArc <
http://www.mhonarc.org/ >. It is primarily aimed at covering MBOX archives
to HTML, but in the process -- under the hood if you like -- it extracts
the entire structure and relationships between the messages. I use it very
heavily.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz        Useless fact: 21978 x 4 = 21978 backwards
http://Schestowitz.com