Re: Google uses redirection links now and then

  • Subject: Re: Google uses redirection links now and then
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 06:34:24 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [T.J.] on Monday 29 August 2005 22:50 \__

> "John Bokma" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Probably old news,
>> <http://www.google.com/search?q=perl%20programmer>ç
>>
>> and saw this one:
>>
>> http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=5&url=http%
>> 3A//johnbokma.com/perl/perlprogrammer.html&ei=jXgTQ62LGMHs4AGdxNTDCg
>>

> If you have Firefox, do a search for something then
> right click on the link.

If we are talking about the same thing here, I noticed the same thing weeks
ago. I thought that Google were trying to 'feed' the statistics for the
targetted site, which is not a bad thing.

Do you think there might be more to it? I might be a no-brainer, but what is
"&ei=jXgTQ62LGMHs4AGdxNTDCg"? It sounds familiar to me. "ei" is also used
in standard Google searches if I recall correctly.

I was tempering with some Google URL's when I got bored. You can sometimes
find some 'hidden' features... or navigate to talk.google.com a week before
any related announcements are made... only to discover that there is a
re-direction, and then an error message, i.e. something is cooking
secretly.

Roy S. Schestowitz        "World ends in five minutes - please log out"
http://Schestowitz.com