Re: Google uses redirection links now and then

__/ [John Bokma] on Tuesday 30 August 2005 14:30 \__

>> Do you think there might be more to it?
>
> I have no idea. I just noticed when I copied a URL of a page. And a bit
> later I noticed that my own perl programmer link was a redirect :-(
>
> If it's for statistical purposes it would be easy to use bots to increase
> those stats... Hmmm, another black hat SEO trick.

Very interesting observation, John. While it might be good for faking Web
statistics, it cannot help in improving ranks or increasing traffic. I know
*cough* somebody *cough* who uses Web stats as a tool to woo prospective
customers.

>> I might be a no-brainer, but
>> what is "&ei=jXgTQ62LGMHs4AGdxNTDCg"? It sounds familiar to me. "ei"
>
> extended id? (just a wild guess). It might be base64 encoded.

Yes, I take your point.

Roy S. Schestowitz        "Life is too short to proofread"
http://Schestowitz.com