Re: Phlogger - Resource Hog

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
Be cautious. The script hogs plenty of resources. As your site grows, it
puts enormous strain on the Web server.

Here is a little thread I participated in (Mike is co-founder of WordPress):

[His site appears to be /down/ at the moment so here is Google Cache]
http://tinyurl.com/cv2ve

Some weeks ago he argued that his site could no longer handle the phlogger
load. He had to switch! What's more, the project (phlogger) seems to be no
longer maintained so do not become dependent on it.

Roy

This is true. But if you site receives no more than 100 hits per day you should be OK. I also like to clear the DB on occassion. I have awstats built in, but phlogger is nice to have when you want to see where a user came from and each page that he/she visits in order etc. It is very detailed per user.

--
Dustin Davis
Freelance Portal: http://www.nerdlance.com