Re: /.'d

  • Subject: Re: /.'d
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:13:30 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.2600
__/ [Hans van Eynsbergen] on Tuesday 30 August 2005 08:16 \__

http://ask.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/08/26/1739234&tid=187&tid=126&tid=4&tid=218

> Congrats to our lovely girl !
> w00t !

I read that one yesterday! Congrats!

Being Slashdotted, however, does not warrant much traffic. When a page of
mine was in the front page, it was Sunday morning, a very specific (not
broad) subject so I had 2000 visits that day, only half of which attributed
to Slashdot. Some people meantion figures like 50,000 visits (assuming the
server endures of course).

Roy S. Schestowitz        Useless fact: Every polar bear is left-handed
http://Schestowitz.com