Re: What is it with linux dissing in this newsgroup?

__/ [Randy] on Wednesday 31 August 2005 03:37 \__

> SINNER wrote:
>> * Roy Schestowitz wrote in comp.os.linux.misc:
>

>> Trolls don't care. Respond or not they will be here, perhaps less in
>> numbers due to non response, but they will never go away. Learn their
>> habits and killfile accordingly. Any length of time spent in these
>> groups will give you ample education.
>>

> I don't know why trolls do what they do.
> It makes it harder for people really trying to learn (and getting
> pissed) to be told from them.  I probably shouldn't be trying with all
> that is going on in my life right now.  I am too short tempered with the
> computer and with rude people.

Randy,

Shut your ears when you can and focus on what you wish to take from this
group, not everything that comes up as a thread. If the interruptive visits
by trolls bother you, just hit ignore as soon as they emerge. In a world
where Linux is unknown to most, don't expect to have pleasant conversations
about it. But when somebody brings such a topic, learn to steer away,
albeit it can be hard sometimes.