Re: (solved) no image preview in konqueror

__/ [Georg Stach] on Tuesday 06 December 2005 13:43 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>>> How about the "maximum file size" control.
>>
>> I believe you are talking about the yellow balloon (recangle rather),
>> whose colour I believe cannot be changed. Its appearance can be disabled
>> if I recall the options correctly. Try looking under Konqueror settings
>> rather than Control Center. I believe you might find it under the
>> Appearance or Look & Feel menus. Also look under the top menu labelled
>> "View" in Konqueror. There are lots of options there. It's a matter of
>> covering and exploring all the many KDE 'knobs' and I am pretty sure I saw
>> it somewhere in 3.4.
>
> Hi,
>
> I found the problem now:
> In the Settings Panel that Roy mentioned there is a box where you can
> choose for which protocol images have to be shown. As "internet protocols"
> where at the top of this box, I must have overseen that there is also
> "local protocols", among them "file://" -- but that was disabled...

I am glad to have found out you sorted this out...

I once manipulated these options in order to avoid previews over FTP. Some
FTP servers impose a limit on the number of simultaneous connections. This
is adverse to multi-threading, which KDE happily does in order to generate
thumbnails quickly.

It's  a powerful option in KDE's defence, so it's good to have that embed-
ded  it  in  the  menus. Then again, users are not  protected  from  them-
selves...

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Warning 0x12C: ispell feels tired
  4:05pm  up   3:20,  2 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00