Re: So Pretty!

__/ [rapskat] on Wednesday 07 December 2005 01:12 \__

> True transparency, you can see windows updating in real time right through
> other windows.  It's really a sight, though it's murder on the CPU and
> only runs with the un-accelerated drivers so slow as hell.
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/51597445@N00/71015056/
>
> Even so, quite impressive.  Go Linux!  ;-)

The caption mentions KDE 3.5, which IIRC was officially released 2 weeks ago.
I have it set this way on KDE 3.4 at home and it may have been possible
since version 3.3. It's a CPU murder if you include fedein and fadeout on
the translucency effects. Yet, it looks absolutely stunning. Since I don't
do any work at home (just reading, listening to music), I keep it all
enabled with maximum eye candy. Shadows are pretty too.

By the way, the picture you pointed to is rather unattractive. I could
probably grab a picture at home, but it's a matter of taste.

I guess some Mac lovers will prefer this one...

http://www.basquiat.de/gallery/album01/xorg68

How 'bout this one?

http://www.schestowitz.com/IMG/blog/transparent.jpg