Re: Firefox 1.5 won't start on FreeBSD 5.4

__/ [Vladimir Terziev] on Monday 05 December 2005 14:35 \__

> Hi All,
>
> i try to build & use the newest firefox - 1.5 .
>
> I used the port to build the source and all went ok. After installation i
> tryed to start the freshly built firefox and had no success. It tryes to
> start. but after a new seconds exits without any error message.
>
> Any ideas how to fix this ?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Vladimir

Try:

strace -f firefox > ~/1 2>&1

This might provide a clue. Have a look at 1 in the top level of your home
directory and see where it fails and why.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "I regularly SSH to God's brain and reboot"
  5:40am  up   2:51,  3 users,  load average: 0.68, 0.70, 0.67