Re: Delete all data on T/X?

__/ [Mack McKinnon] on Monday 05 December 2005 19:40 \__

> Has anyone tried to delete all their data on a Palm TX?  I tried it,
> following the instructions on the Palm website but it would only reboot,
> keeping all the data intact.  Normally great, but if I really want it to
> delete everything, say, prior to giving it to someone else, how --
> exactly -- do I make it do that?
>
> mack
> austin

Look  into  a hard reset with data loss (use Web searches if requires).  I
believe  you  must pin down the up (or power on/off) key  while  resetting
your  Palm  (the  hidden button is probably the back of the  Tungsten  X).
Then,  you  will probably be asked if you want to purge all data from  the
Palm (excluding built-in applications in ROM), to which you can enthusias-
tically reply "yes".

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "On the eighth day, God created UNIX"
  5:45am  up   2:56,  3 users,  load average: 0.90, 0.75, 0.69