Re: idea for Google Earth

__/ [spiderviper@xxxxxxxxx] on Friday 09 December 2005 01:05 \__

> It would be great if Google could come up with a formula that would
> tell you what's on the other side of the planet.......What I am trying
> to say.....is that if someone were to dig a hole from where they are
> standing and were to arrive on the other side of the planet, where
> would they be? The program could calculate the physical location for
> the other side of the planet by giving one's current location. Am I
> clear?

What  would  be the purpose of that? It is probably less entertaining  and
useful  than yet another toy feature which is Google lunar satellite maps.
With  maps of the moon, you might play for a minute once in your life. For
reversing of the viewpoint (seeing other side of the globe), you would add
yet another option/widget, which adds to clutter. It might be pressed just
once by the user, if ever. You can probably do this using simple geography
on a flat map.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Y |-(1^2)|^(1/2)+1 K
  8:45am  up 2 days  5:56,  4 users,  load average: 0.61, 0.67, 0.73