Re: Ubuntu means "joke" in Swahili

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

I prefer SuSE overall, but Ubuntu was said to be better by a panel of
reviewers. It topped SuSE mainly because it was free [1].

LOL!

Suse (desktop, OpenSuse) is completely free!

Bear in mind that your machine was probably 'designed for' and tested under
Windows. When machines get sold, which are customised for Ubuntu [2], no
such issues will emerge.

Mine was an AMD2400/ASROCK clone bought from a local dealer.

No 'designed for' labels

>For once I would like to see a glossy sticker that
> shows a penguin and says "compatible with SuSE, Red Hat...". Some

ABSOLUTELY!

I would easily pay a few hundred additional dollars if I could get a Suse-certified machine...all hardware guaranteed to work (that comes with the purchase) and 1 year of support.

It would be like buying a Mac (except that would be thousands more).