Re: First Time Submittals

  • Subject: Re: First Time Submittals
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 06:09:17 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [hithere] on Tuesday 13 December 2005 02:54 \__

> sima9...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> Hello  --
>
>> I am working on submitting my client's website to the top Directories
>> and Search Engines.
>
> Don't. Try to get a link with a nice PR.
>
> --
> John
>
> ---------------------------
>
> Hello John
>
> It´s the first time that i read this opinion...but is it bad to submit
> in any way?

That  depends  if  you consider your time to be valuable. I  have  already
spent  some  time  trying to submit very relevant sites to  DMOZ.  Even  a
Florida  architect  is apparently not worthy of having his dot com  regis-
tered under the Florida architects category. It's often pointless.

Submittal  to search engines is /definitely/ pointless because, much  like
pinging service, the forms (even with CAPTCHA) are open to misuse by spam-
mers  and greedy Webmasters. Even with filters on pinging services, I  be-
lieve  80% of the traffic is pure spam. That's what I've been told.  Think
of  the  existence of such submittal tools as legacy (like meta  data)  or
something to get the hopes of Webmasters up, often in vain.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "World ends in five minutes - please log out"
  6:05am  up 2 days 13:13,  10 users,  load average: 0.32, 0.36, 0.42