Re: 100 most popular websites

  • Subject: Re: 100 most popular websites
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 05:20:13 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [Big Bill] on Friday 16 December 2005 01:13 \__

> On 15 Dec 2005 14:59:20 -0800, jeffrey.bigham@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>For a study I'm conducting I need a list of the 100 (or so) most
>>visited websites and was wondering if anyone had thoughts on the best
>>source for this.  Alexa has a list up here:
>>http://www.alexa.com/site/ds/top_sites?ts_mode=lang&lang=en#
>>but of course it's biased because it ranks based on people that have
>>downloaded the Alexa toolbar.  I'm at a loss to find something better
>>and am wondering if there even is anything better.
>>
>>Any thoughts?
>>
>>Thanks!
>>Jeff
>
> I have a feeling if you do a search for Neilson they might have
> something.
>
> BB

But isn't he an expert of Web usability. I recently read about the top sites
in terms of volume... let me find it...

Okay, found it:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/cmp/20051210/tc_cmp/174910288

This should give you up-to-date figures, but it does not go very low down the
leagues.

Hope this helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Disk quota exceeded; sig discontinued"
  5:15am  up 5 days 12:23,  6 users,  load average: 0.62, 0.62, 0.59