Re: Google Earth

  • Subject: Re: Google Earth
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 04:59:21 +0000
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.os.linux
__/ [Ian Bell] on Thursday 15 December 2005 18:57 \__

> Eamon Skelton wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 15:54:48 +0000, Ian Bell wrote:
>>
>>> Can't get this to install under wine. Any tips or is there a Linux
>>> version?
>>>
>>> Ian
>>
>> I can't get it to work under wine or Win-XP.
>
> That's odd, I thought it was a windows prog ;-)
>
>> You can see the
>> same maps with a less fancy user interface at:
>> http://maps.google.com
>>

> Thanks for the link, looks good.

...Not sure if the reply was sarcastic, but either way, Google Earth is
indeed just a richer GUI that enables you to interact with the data. It is
merely a toy, much like the rest of the desktop software from Google so you
rarely miss anything by sticking to the Web browser. The best applications
are Web-based.