Re: KNode: searching through articles

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>> I find the search facility in KNode completely useless;
>> whatever I search for comes up empty.
>>
>> Am I misunderstanding the way it works?
>
> There are two types of searches:
>
> 1. Intra-article search, also knows as search/Find (CTRL+F) or Find in
> Article
>
> 2. Search entire newsgroups, which usually (in my case) goes by the name
> Search Articles.
>
> Feature (2) is probably what you are after.

Thank you for your response.
I was indeed looking for (2) -
a facility to search through articles in a newsgroup -
basically, what I would like is the facility in KMail to look through
all the emails in a folder.

> I find it to be rather poor as
> well, so it could certainly benefit from some further work. It can only
> search within one group at a time if I recall correctly.

I would be happy with that.

> Also, it only
> narrows down the number of posts displayed based on which ones contain the
> string sought. It does now, however, flag in any way the position of the
> matches or sort anything by relevance.

As far as I can see, I can only search for "Subject and From"
or "Message-ID", whatever that is.
I want to search through posting contents for a specified phrase.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366