Re: Question regarding minimum OS required for Z22

__/ [JR!] on Friday 16 December 2005 22:56 \__

>       Can the Z22 be installed on a W2K computer
> with only WIN2K SP2 not SP4?

I'd  be worried about the destiny of that machine more than I would  worry
about  Zire  compatibility. Windows 2000 lacks security in its own  right.
Not patching it up makes it very vulnerable, especially while connected to
the World Wide Web.

> I have an old laptop
> that's a PII w/ W2K SP2 on it & I cannot upgrade
> to any higher SP without flashing the BIOS for
> which I need a floppy drive which I don't have.
>
>       Thanx!

In  principle,  you can get a Palm handheld to work with Windows  98  (and
maybe Windows 95 as well). I was using a Tungsten with a Windows 98 laptop
for  a while. I suggest you worry about patches more than about communica-
tion via USB, which should be fine.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Free the mind, the source will follow"
  5:10am  up 9 days 12:21,  14 users,  load average: 0.47, 0.30, 0.34