Re: problem with the Expansion card

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 09:09:36 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>__/ [TipTip0n] on Friday 23 December 2005 01:54 \__
>
>> hello
>> i'm using Zire72 for a year +,
>> recently i'ved notice that the Expansion card is not plug & play as it
>> used to be,
>> when i remove the card, the palm continues to show that the card is
>> inside.
>> only when i press on the power button off then on again, its show me
>> the changes,
>> is there any way to fix it?
>

>This sounds like either a mechanical problem or an issue that could be
>associated with hacks you have installed. It could either indicate a bad
>card slot compartment or a faulty card. Have you tried another card?
>

>> p.s I tried to hard reset the palm and before resync him with the PC to
>> add and remove the card, but the problem still continues.
>

>[sarcasm] Is the Palm necessary a "he"? I never thought of assigning a gender
>to my Palm. I guess one can tell by the faceplate.
>
>Roy
I agree it sounds like a combination of the various apps you've got
installed (and hacks? - do any hacks run under OS5 ?) .

You could try backing it up to your desktop and doing a hard reset
then see if the card slot responds normally.

I guess the gender of the Palm I guess kind of depends on the gender
of the poster's native language - for instance neuter auf Deutsch and
masculin en Français.
Ethan