Re: Why can't we log on the server?

  • Subject: Re: Why can't we log on the server?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 08:01:53 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.suse
__/ [li] on Tuesday 27 December 2005 05:34 \__

> Then why some group members  can log on server installed SELS9 with
> putty,and some one cannot, though they used correct name and password.
> The server ip is 192.168.5.xxx,member of group's ip is 192.168.4.yyy.?
> Have any one met this problem?

What  error do they get? No response? The SSH daemon is definitely up  be-
cause  a  few  people can log on. Is everyone using the correct  build  of
PuTTY?  There  are at least two builds for different versions of  Windows.
Have  you  enabled any firewalls on either end? I personally never  had  a
problem such as this with PuTTY. I have accessed many machines and distros
for the past 5 years. Different versions of Windows as well. Never a prob-
lem.

Best wishes,