Re: Shared diary software experience

  • Subject: Re: Shared diary software experience
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 04:19:38 +0000
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.misc
bakdong@hotmail.com wrote:

> I am looking for recommendations for Windows diary software that can be
> syncronised across an LAN, specifically to notebooks, preferably using
> a central (Linux) server/shared folders or SQL database. eg. secretary
> stays in
> office, manager is mobile, both make entries in the diary and both
> diaries are synced when the manager connects again to the lan.
>
> I know there are many applications that do similar things, but I was
> interested in anyones experiences with what you've been using, good or
> bad. Any comment on Time & Chaos, for example?

There are Web-based solutions to this. I don't know about full diaries, but
tasks can definitely be handled properly.

http://www.taskspro.com/
http://tadalist.com/

I can also think of Horde, which is free. I can't comment much on this as I
have no personal experience.

Some people around here use Micro$oft Outlook to do diary synchronisation
and sharing.

--
Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com