Re: Can program memory in a Tungsten T5 be recovered from an external SD card?

  • Subject: Re: Can program memory in a Tungsten T5 be recovered from an external SD card?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 11:46:10 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
scooby wrote:

> If I am travelling, and therefore away from my computer, and should have
> to do a hard reset of my Tungsten T5 - I would lose everything important
> such as contacts, calendar, tasks, memos.
>
> So my question is this: Is it possible to back up the program memory to an
> external SD card? - and to recover my data in program memory from the SD
> card after a hard reset?

Definitely. I was in a similar situation where I could not HotSync the data
often enough. I downloaded the free program named RedFelineBackup
(http://www.redfelineninja.org.uk) and I could finally sleep at night.
*smile*

BackupBuddy is a commercial equivalent (if you don't mind the expense).

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com