Re: Submitting blogs to SE's the same as website?

  • Subject: Re: Submitting blogs to SE's the same as website?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 07:00:48 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
John Bokma wrote:

> Clint wrote:
>
>> If one is to submit
>
> submit?
>
>> a new blog to major search engines like Google,
>> Yahoo, MSN and Open Directory, is the process exactly the same as with
>> regular websites?
>
> Just get a few links to your blog, links from pages that are already in
> the major SEs.

It doesn't hurt if you submit as well.

> In the past I noticed that having "blog" in the URI slowed Google down. No
> idea if it was a correct observation (I guess yes) and if it still holds.

Did you check this systematically?? You said this several times before (even
wrote some essay about it), but I still don't know if it's true. I have to
admit that penalties of this sort should improve search results. It should
weed out pages like "The ham sandwich I had yesterday", "My sweet precious
puppy", and "It's Snowing!"...

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com