Re: Newbie question!

  • Subject: Re: Newbie question!
  • From: Guy Harrison <swamp-DEL-dog@ntlworld.com>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 19:59:38 GMT
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.misc
picker wrote:

> Hi, Could anyone tell me whether it's possible to burn a DVD from my pc to
> my domestic dvd player/writer?

Quick answer - "no".

> How and what would i need to accomplish this?

Long answer "possibly". If the DVD had (say) a USB port then it would be
worth investigating further. Internally it makes sense for mechanisms to be
the same. For instance, you'll often find an external PC USB writer
contains a standard IDE device inside (ie you can whip the drive out and
slap it inside the PC).

> Probably better to buy a dvd burner to put in my pc - but I like a
> challenge.

Yes, do it that way.