Re: SEO Rules for Blogs & RSS

  • Subject: Re: SEO Rules for Blogs & RSS
  • From: John Bokma <postmaster@castleamber.com>
  • Date: 15 Jan 2005 19:06:11 GMT
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines

[ http://johnbokma.com/mexit/2004/04/28/dontusethebword.html ]

> It all seems to make very much sense and it's an interesting _opinion_
> (or suspicion rather) to be aware of.

I noticed it since normally every new page I put on line is in Google
within 24 hours. So pages not appearing for days made me wonder :-D.
Unless Google has changed the blog thingy I am convinced it can be
reproduced. I doubt it was just a glitch.

> It is not the bots that concern me, but rather the opinion of
> visitors. People are being fed the (possibly justifiable) belief that
> blogs are uncensored, unauthorised and a bogus source of information.

Ah, well, even established news sources now and then publish a canard. I
mean, canard, there is even a word for it :-D (
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=canard )

> I think the media as a whole should know it's the best way to prevent
> losing readership to blogs.
>
> People often discard information they read on a blog or a forum
> because of this impression they were led to have.

Agreed. Another reason why I renamed my blog to MexIT is that most blogs
I have seen are just 8 lines of text and a link to an article someone
else has written.

I try to make my "blog" a bit more than that (hence why I am again
almost one week behind). The best reward is other sites linking to old
"blog" entries (or being blogged yourself :-) ).

The main blog page has now a PR of 6, and the site itself (index.html) a
PR of 7 so I don't complain :-D. (OTOH my other site dropped to 6 :-( )

--
John -> http://johnbokma.com/  Firefox: http://johnbokma.com/firefox/
                           Perl SEO tools: http://johnbokma.com/perl/