Re: [OT] Video Conversion

Kevin Nathan wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 03:27:59 +0000
> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote:
>
>> It seems like more of a frame-stitching tool that
>> creates AVI's. I looked at the examples to some depth and I could not
>> find anything that serves my purpose.
>
> Yes, I wasn't sure if it would do what you want. Have you tried various
> searches on freshmeat.net? Or sourceforge.net?
>
> I found this description of MEncoder:
>
> ==============================
> mencoder (MPlayer's Movie Encoder) is a simple movie encoder, designed
> to encode MPlayer-playable movies (see above) to other MPlayer-playable
> formats (see below). It encodes to DivX4, XviD, one of the libavcodec
> codecs and PCM/:MP3/:VBRMP3 audio in 1, 2 or 3 passes. Furthermore it
> has stream copying abilities, a powerful filter system (crop, expand,
> flip, postprocess, rotate, scale, noise, rgb/:yuv conversion) and more.
> ==============================
>
> on this page:
>
>    http://linuxreviews.org/man/mencoder/
>
> Maybe this is closer?

Thanks, but I have known mencoder for over a year. It's popular among people
who rip DVD's and it will do the resverse of what I need. I need to display
some really large videos that can be embedded in HTML
(http://www.schestowitz.com/Research/Presentations/Early_2005_Presentation
if you are curious).

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com