Re: [OT] Video Conversion

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Thanks for that, Kevin. It seems like more of a frame-stitching tool that
> creates AVI's. I looked at the examples to some depth and I could not find
> anything that serves my purpose. I once had a Window$ tool (trial version)
> that converted AVI's to GIF's, but it only let me do it for free if the
> GIF's generated were under 100k in size. I can compromise for Window$ as
> long as it gets the work done. If anybody can think of something, please
> let me know. If I get a tools that PICKS OUT FRAMES OUT OF AN UNCOMPRESSED
> AVI, that would be a solution too. I can take it from there...

It seems to me that avidemux2 is what you are looking for.
http://avidemux.berlios.de/
This program is like swiss knife of video editing, however I found its gui
not very intuitive, you may need to commit RTFM. Avidemux2 has pretty good
docs section and users forum, look up on their website.

--
narazicho, Zbycho

MÃj SuSE jest YaSTastyczny!