Re: computer treadmil

  • Subject: Re: computer treadmil
  • From: "Beverly" <bowens@home.woh.rr.com>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 14:41:53 GMT
  • Newsgroups: alt.support.diet
"Mike Turco" <miketurco@yahoo-no-spam-4-me.com> wrote in message
news:D1IKd.28147$1t.23989@fed1read06...
> I was just reading an article where somebody said they set their computer
up
> on top of a treadmill and spent their day walking while working. I have a
> kiosk that you have to stand up to use that I have for demos. I'm at the
> computer all day. Why not toss this desk in the garage for a while and
give
> a go at bring more active at the computer.
>
> Has anybody seen or heard of something like this? I'm having a hard time
> envisioning really being able to work at such a contraption, and I
question
> whether its feasible to put together. I'd like to entertain the though,
and
> if somebody's seen one of these please let me know. (Especially if you
have
> a link to a picture or something.)
>
> Mike

I don't have any information on setting the computer on a treadmill but here
are a couple sites with information on using an exercise ball as a computer
chair.  I often use my exercise ball instead of the regular chair at the
computer at home.  You're constantly using the leg and abdominal muscles to
balance yourself.  It also reduces back fatigue and improves your posture.

I'm sure if I put the computer on a treadmill it wouldn't be too long before
I became distracted and forgot to walk :)

http://www.spine-health.com/topics/conserv/chair/chair02.html

http://www.bodytrends.com/ballchar.htm